Do you have a website that you want to manage yourself, but don't want to spend a lot of time and resources managing it in the long run? A Content Management System (CMS) might be for you.
What is a Content Management System (CMS)?
A CMS is a program that allows non-technical people to easily and quickly update their website content, which is otherwise done by your web designer. By using a CMS, you can save time and money maintaining the site yourself, and you get a web site that’s always fresh! Your website content is available online for you to edit at any time. There's no complicated software to install because you use your web browser to log in to an administrative control panel and make updates. A CMS helps you build a solid web strategy since your website is easy to update.
Which CMS is right for you?
There are quite a few CMS programs available that I can use to implement into your site. Unfortunately, there are too many so called "web designers" who work only with WordPress, which may or may not be the right program for your website. Which program I recommend and use will depend on what you would like in your website.
All CMS website designs include a full featured content management system so you can make basic updates to your website with little or no programming knowledge. Core features include the following:
- Ability to expand your site to as big as you want.
- Mobile friendly design so you website works on all devices.
- Allow you to add new pages yourself, at any time, without paying extra and without any professional help.
- Let's you manage your website, yourself - No design knowledge required for maintaining your website.
- Customer contact form - get leads/feedback from website in your email.
- Unlimited linking to your social networking websites such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Submission of the web site to the top search engines to ensure search capabilities.
- 6 month warranty which includes minor changes to the website content.
In addition to the basic CMS program, there are many additional available modules for your website, which include:
- Customer Testimonials - Customers will be able to submit testimonials to your website with an online form in your site. The testimonials will not automatically post until you review them to eliminate any negative comments.
- Photo Gallery - Pictures can be uploaded from the backend of the module. Allows easy handling of albums. Thumbnails are generated automatically. Includes initial entry of ten (10) photos.
- Newsletter - Comes complete with variable levels of subscription, online subscribe form and one click sending of newsletters.
- And many more add on modules. Tell me what you need and chances are there's a function for it.
Before you opt for this type of site you need to consider how often your site needs updating and if you will have the time to do it yourself. Often, my clients opt for this function and then end up having me make the updates because they are too busy managing their business.
See My Work
Check out a few of the websites from my work that showcase my experience, abilities and talent. By combining your goals and my design experience, we can create a modern, clean and visually remarkable website, all with functionality in mind.