eCommerce is simply commerce that takes place on the Internet. It is made up of the same components that make up regular commerce, there are buyers and sellers, but it takes place on the Internet rather than someone walking into a store to purchase an item.
Basically an eCommerce site includes a shopping cart to display the products in your site and a merchant account to process credit card transactions. A merchant account is a special account that allows your business to accept credit cards as payment in person, over the telephone, by mail order, or over the internet.
You must have a merchant account if you want to be able to accept credit cards from your customers. Keep in mind however, that even if you have a current merchant account for your physical store, that is a different type of merchant account than a merchant account used for eCommerce, and you may need a separate eCommerce merchant account as well as payment gateway for your website.
There are a few open source stand-alone shopping cart programs which I prefer to use, which means that you do not have to pay for licensing to use it, thus saving money. They are fully function programs that will allow you to add, edit and delete products yourself, edit content, process orders etc. through the online admin control panel, without having to contact us to make changes. I will provide you with written instructions for using the shopping cart control panel to manage your site and will walk you through this over the phone.
I do not design websites using third party shopping carts, such as those provided by GoDaddy, Yahoo, Shopify, BigCommerce etc. The reason is, these shopping carts have severe limitations on access to core files for design and functionality. You are essentially restricted to what they will allow you to do, which isn't much.
All eCommerce Websites Include:
- A full-featured shopping cart program with a custom design that is mobile-friendly.
- Includes me entering first 15 products - It can be expandable to as big as you want.
- Add new products yourself, at any time, without paying extra and without any professional help.
- Allows you to sell an unlimited number of products.
- Product Search Feature.
- Allows you to sell downloadable products.
- Integrated Shipping with USPS, UPS and Fedex.
- Inventory Control.
- Integrated payment modules such as Authorize.net & PayPal.
- Easy self updateable products/categories.
- Manage your website, yourself - No design knowledge required for maintaining your website.
- Customer contact Form - get leads/feedback from website in your email.
- Allows visitors to search the content of your website with a user friendly search feature.
- Unlimited linking to your social networking websites such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Submission of the web site to the top search engines to ensure search capabilities.
- 6 month warranty which includes minor changes to the website content.
I will discuss all of the options with you to determine which programs are best for you.
See My Work
Check out a few of the websites from my work that showcase my experience, abilities and talent. By combining your goals and my design experience, we can create a modern, clean and visually remarkable website, all with functionality in mind.